It took a while to get version 1.1 of vista website up and running. Mostly was stuck with ActionScript and PHP integration. It was a real pain in the ass when it comes to actionscripts. So I decided to invest some time in learning it, got a Total Training for advance flash 8 CD and spend nearly 5 hours learning it. It ain’t that hard but its more object oriented programming. I have rewritten the feedback and booking engine to accommodate new changes.
Version 1.1 have incorporated some of the planned additions including the following
– A new homepage, a lot of design tweaks to other pages, a flash animation in the homepage with the latest offer and a more corporate feel. A lot of small graphics like icons and colors has been changed, including logos of resorts.
– A database driven drop down menu, this menu’s color and style can be changed any time using CSS.
– Customer review system for the resorts. Now our customers can send in their reviews and experiences of the resorts and share it to other customers.
– Translation of the website using Astalavista
– A special offer page.
– A photogallery, currently only safari photos are loaded, all the resort photos will take some time to be updated.
And to list few of the future planned activities
– Resort Photogallery
– Revisit the map and redo it
– Revisit the customer comment system, if required develop a moderation system and other cool features.