Archive for June, 2007
Blending layers in Photoshop is one of my favorite and a powerful tool! I use it a lot, so just for those folks who do not have yet learned the power of layer blending in Photoshop, this is a quick and dirty tutorial.
I just took a photo of my sofa and three other textures to blend to form a simple but eye catching creative in less than 7 minutes.
First to follow the steps you will need the four images, just right click and save them to your hard disk!
Open all the images in Photoshop
1. Drag the Image 01 on top of the sofa image
2. While the image 01 selected click on add new layer mask
3. Select the newly added layer mask
4. Select the brush tool, shortcut ‘B’
5. Press ‘D’ to change the default colors (Background black and foreground white)
6. Press ‘X’ to to switch foreground/background color (to bring black to foreground)
7. Start brushing to erase the outer borders of the image 01 (Hint: you can use ‘[‘ and ‘]’ to increase and decrease the brush size)
8. Press ‘X’ again to switch foreground/background color (to bring white as foreground color)
9. Zoom in (Hint: Ctrl+’+’ to zoom in, Ctrl+’-‘ to zoom out, you can temporary change to ‘hand tool’ if you press and hold spacebar very useful to pan the image! Works everywhere except while typing)
10. Using the brush tool (while white as the foreground) start brushing so to neatly bring back the image 01 to align to the borders/edges of the sofa! If you reveal too much and need to erase just press ‘X’ and start brushing! And again press ‘X’ and brush to bring back the erased parts of the image as needed!
11. Once erased for your hearts content, click on the Image 01 Layer from the layer palette (so the layer mask is no longer in focus)
13. As for image 02, I split it into two and aligned it to the sofa side and front! If you want to distort the image just press Ctrl+’T’ for transformation, and press and hold Ctrl while dragging the corners of the image. For the side of Image 02 I used ‘multiply’ as the blending mode and for the front I used ‘darken’
14. Similarly bring the image 03, erase to fit and blend it to the back of the sofa, I used ‘Overlay’ as the blending mode for the back.
15. That’s all for this final image in less than 7 minutes…
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to throw them…
If you are a designer you already know that right fonts can make a big difference to your design! The default fonts are used by all, a unique touch can always be shown by a unique font! So when ever I need a font I head myself to http://www.dafont.com/! Da font has more than 7400 fonts that you can use either for personal or business use! So to interest you, here I am showing some of my personal favorite fonts!
I know this is still mid 2007 but when you are fiddling with the latest release of Adobe Photoshop, just to see the new features and to get a hang of it you can’t help but get a little creative. After testing the new features of Photoshop CS 3, which is always the bare minimum I wanted to play with my stylus for a while, and here is what I came up with, hope you all enjoy!
Everything have a tendency to return to the origin, since we all know the origin if we return purely to the same state, it would be a real shame. So we have a new Gulhu with a twist in 2020!
Still the same old crappy services though!
The same old marketing and advertisings, however they seems to be more honest in 2020!
Rare varieties of cafe’s are predicted for 2020!
With new and innovative front cover-ups on an old old building, the most cost effective renovations in 2020 for Cybor Cafe’s!
Given the fact of scarcity of land, some Cybor Cafe’s just go up!
Lots and lots of new ventures! Strange business opportunities for 2020!
New parties and internet voting, let the women rule the world in 2020!
Higher Education opportunities, in a business point of view orphan and commercially unattainable!
Latest technology and reliable services from Bogus Computers!
Thats all folks!
Google and Intel have agreed to develop what they call as “green PC” which are environment friendly, less noisy and consume less electricity. However it is suspected that the cost will rise about additional Rf400, I guess it sounds like a good bargain, would you buy a green PC?
Most of the time when my clients call with a problem in MS Windows, were it acts abnormally, I just instruct them to reboot! It solve the problem most of the time! I feel weired to do that at times, but since it works and time is not in my favor I justify it internally.
I suppose it is a good solution as it is not only me who does that, even the Russian space station controlling ISS says a system-wide re-boot usually solved the problem! Though the last time they tried it, it turn out to be a bummer! They are in a deep shit this time…
BBC announce the news on 5th of June 2007 that scientists have created talking paper! The paper is sensitive to pressure with printed speakers. This can be used in magazines, shop walls and other advertising medias. How about advertising Maldivian beaches with both sight and sound! However, I find this kind of creepy when the cigarette packs start talking to us!
I am just hoping for the day to download and printout my PCs motherboard with my added unique features!