Creating twisted or circular designs using Photoshop is one of the simple and easiest of all. The procedure is rather widely used by design applications! This can be tried either in Coreldraw or Illustrator too! But I prefer Photoshop! So let us start!
1. Create New Document (Ctrl+N) – Photoshop default or 300X300 pixel
2. Create New Layer (Ctrl+Shift+N)
3. Select Brush Tool (B)
4. Choose Brush Palette
5. Take a soft brush
6. Change the spacing so it looks like dotted lines
8. Select red as the foreground color
7. Back in the document while pressing and holding shift, draw a line
8. Press Ctrl+Alt+T (transformation with a copy)
9. Press and hold Alt and move the center point
10. Rotate at an angle of roughly 10-15 degrees
11. Press Enter/Return to commit the changes (note a new layer would be created automatically)
12. Press Ctrl+Alt+Shift T, to repeat the transformation in a new layer! Keep on pressing Ctrl+Alt+Shift T until you get the desired effect!
You can select all the layers and group them or convert them to smart objects for better handling!
That is it! Just use your imagination!